Idle Warship, aka Res and Talib Kweli, with Sa-Roc and Rock Most, at the Loft on Thurs., Feb. 16.
Eight quick highlights, in order of appearance:
- Rock Most’s sweater.
- The Rock Most Step. Sorry, I can’t explain it.
- Sa-Roc’s entire set. Almost brought tears to my eyes. But the head nodding knocked them out.
- Flautist Rasheedah Ali and vocalist Poodie the Byz on “Rain and Sunshine.”
- Res taking off her patent-leather booties and putting on a pair of gray Nike mid-tops. All while singing.
- “Are You In?”
- Res as Stevie Nicks, as in “Dreams.” As in a new EP coming out this summer called Refried Mac full of Fleetwood covers.
- Talib Kweli in full big stick swag mode with “Detroit Rock City.” (Thank you, Piggie Holland.)
Idle Warship’s “Laser Beams” and Sa-Roc’s “Rain and Sunshine” video below.