Really, I do. And since I’m in Chicago — me and R. Kelly’s hometown — but flying back to Atlanta today, here are a few rules for things flight-related.
- Capitalize “Flight,” and use numerals: Flight 1545
- Same with “Terminal” and “Gate”: Terminal 7; Gate C
- Airline companies take capitalized names, being proper nouns and all: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, US Airways, etc.
- Also capitalize the proper names of airports: Midway International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- You can shorten the name of an airport, but don’t make one up: John F. Kennedy International Airport can be shortened to Kennedy Airport, but Boston Airport doesn’t exist. It’s actually Logan International Airport, or, if you prefer, Logan Airport.